We realize the majority of job growth comes from our existing businesses. Oak Ridge Economic Partnership staff is dedicated to assisting companies to grow and prosper in our community. We visit different companies each month to learn more about their business, the opportunities and challenges facing them and to establish solid relationships.
Our Existing Industry Program provides sound business assistance at no cost while connecting companies to a variety of financial, technological, planning, marketing and job training resources from our many partners. To schedule a visit, call Kathy Barber at (865) 483-1321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you will find many of our strategic partners and their programs designed to help companies grown and prosper in Oak Ridge.
Tennessee Economic & Community Development
Tennessee Economic and Community Development provides incentives for job creation and capital investment. Click Here for a complete list of Tennessee state incentives.
Tennessee Valley Authority
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) is a valuable partner offering an array of technical services and financial resources to assist with an expansion whether it is for infrastructure or equipment.
- TVA Economic Development Loan Fund (EDLF) is a multimillion-dollar revolving loan program designed to stimulate capital investment and job creation in the TVA region. EDLF loans are made available to companies for fixed asset purposes such as plant expansion and equipment purchase. Special emphasis and consideration are given to minority and woman-owned companies and to companies within targeted industrial sectors. To download a PDF regarding the TVA Economic Development Loan Fund, click here.
- TVA Valley Investment Initiative (VII-E) offers financial incentives to existing power customers who contribute to the economic development of the seven-state region and complement TVA's power system resources. To download a PDF regarding the TVA VII-E, click here.
- Small Manufacturing Credit - This option helps small manufacturers remain viable by offering credits when demand for a month exceeds 1,000kW. To download a PDF regarding the TVA Small Manufacturing Credit, click here.
- Enhanced Security Deposit Program - The Enhanced Security Deposit Program is available to
commercial and industrial electric customers through a partnership between TVA
and participating distributors of TVA power.
The program allows the waiver or refund of electric utility deposits to
qualifying customers. The process is
simple, quick and free.
- Energy Solutions for Commerical & Industrial Customers - TVA and its participating power distributor costumers offer a wide variety of services to help companies identify ernergy solutions that generate savings & increase profit. For additional information regarding TVA Energy Solutions, click here.
- Technical Services - TVA's technical services can help make your expansion or business planning process more efficient and more successful. These technical services are generally available at no cost. For additional information regarding TVA technical services, click here.
- Consulting Services - TVA staff can provide technical assistance in improving
process efficiencies, quality and throughput.
TVA industrial specialists, as well as national industry consultants,
study the process and make customized recommendations, click here
University of Tennessee
The UT Center for Industrial Services is an industrial extension program of UT's Institute for Public Service. CIS helps Tennessee's manufacturers become more productive, more profitable and more competitive through programs such as:
- R & D opportunities
- Safety and environmental compliance assistance
- Strengthen supplier relationships
- Current manufacturing processes and technologies
- Government/procurement assistance
- Customized training
Tennessee Manufacturing Extension Partnership (TMEP) assists
manufacturing firms by providing engineers and scientists from NASA,
the Oak Ridge National Laboratory and public and private universities
and colleges to address problems and support industry through the
application of technology.
Small & Minority Business Assistance
Valley Coalition for Business Development - The Valley Coalition is an alliance formed by TVA and Tennessee Valley financial institutions to increase access to capital and resources for small, disadvantaged and minority businesses in the Valley.
The Business Enterprise Resource Office (BERO) provides
technical, financial and management information assistance to small,
minority and women-owned businesses. BERO focuses on four main areas of
development to achieve its mission:
Providing technical assistance (business planning, licensing,
certification, financial/expansion assistance and other special needs)
- Assisting with procurement opportunities
- Driving manufacturing initiatives
- Creating export opportunities