Infrastructure ~ Utilities
Supplied by the City of Oak Ridge, a distributor of the Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA), electricity rates are well below the national average:
- Industrial 19% below
- Commercial 11% below
- Residential 27% below
The largest power producer in the nation, TVA is also among the most reliable boasting a reliability rate of 99.999%.
- Oak Ridge Utility District supplies most of the gas distributed in Oak Ridge
- Lines are 12" and smaller
- 1030 BTU per cubic foot
- Firm gas available up to 60,000 therms per month
- Large volume available with prior notification and approval
- Interruptible gas available
- Large gas users can purchase gas on the open market and pay a modest throughput fee to use the local utility district's delivery
Water & Wastewater
- The City of Oak Ridge provides water service for Oak Ridge, as well as parts of Anderson & Roane counties
- The water system consists of approximately 219 miles of water main piping, 2,424 fire hydrants, 4,600 main valves, 9,050 service laterals, 12,040 water meters, fire elevated water storage tanks, two in-ground storage tanks, 11 water pumping stations, and 76 main pressure reducing valve stations.
- City-water customers use and average of 4.15 million gallons of water on a daily basis.
- The Wastewater System consists of one main 6.0 MGD wastewater treatment plant (WWTP) and one 0.5 MGD treatment plant that serves the Clinch River Industrial Park.
- The system includes approximately 236 miles of collection system piping, 2,470 manholes, and 28 wastewater pumping stations.
- Industrial and specialty chemicals readily available
- Industrial and ultra-pure gases readily available